The Survipod system provides a stable, accurate mild steel circular tube with a flat plate welded on top. There are also two handle bars, one on each side to aid installation and removal of device from the cast in sleeve.
-Less time consuming set up than conventional setting-out method, using concrete pad. -Improved stability of instrument resulting in more accurate and reliable setting out. -Light and easy to manoeuvre. -Fabricated from a mild steel circular tube it is very durable.
What does this add up to? Reduced work downtime, thus translate into higher productivity, resulting in reliability and accuracy at an extremely reasonable price. Test one for yourself at LES today.
The Survipod is fabricated from mild steel circular tube with a tapered end and flat plate weld to the top. All instruments can be secured on the flat plate via a screw thread. There are also two handle bars, one each side of the tube to aid installation and removal of the device from the cast in sleeve. Weighing 11kg, it is simultaneously durable and lightweight, and easy to transfer to location by the engineer.
SUITABILITY FOR REPLICATION
This product's suitability for replication is evident from the number of units which are being used (125 as of June 2011) and from the high profile projects on which they are being used - such as the Shard.
Being a sustainable and re-usable product, the Survipod is excellent value for money. It is also less time-consuming and more accurate to use than the method of using a Tripods and concrete pad, making it economical to the project.
Steadiness of the Survipod ensures that expensive instruments such as the EDM, secured on the screw thread, are very safe and there is little chance they will be knocked over accidentally.
The Survipod is an uncomplicated, sturdy tool to use and does not require any prior training by an engineer. Its use simply involves placing the 'Survipod' into an existing alsi-percha cast-in sleeve, in the concrete column and then securing the required instrument, on the screw thread, on top. Accurate setting-out can then commence.
Manufactured in the UK from mild steel, the quality and durability of this product means that it is a long-lasting and better functioning product than a Tripods, resulting in it being replaced less frequently. The Survipod is a product designed for re-use and recycling.
1. Choose Survipod set out locations.
2. Instruct joiners to keep the ply decking 3-4mm from the column at the required location.
3. Once the Alsipercha has been removed from the required location, collect the Survipod.
4. Oil the bottom of the Survipod with shutter release agent and proceed to insert it into the Alsipercha sleeve.
5. Drive down the Survipod with its full weight by the handle bars. (DO NOT FORCE OR BEAT DOWN THE SURVIPOD INTO THE SLEEVE)
6. If the Survipod still moves when lightly tugged, lift it up again, rotate slightly and repeat the above. This should work but it may be necessary to move to an alternative location.
7. Place specialised instrument on top of the Survipod, securing tightly to the screw thread on the top plate.
8. Begin setting out.
9. Once set out is complete, remove the Survipod and place beneath the decking for safe keeping.